Voice Search SEO Tips and Strategies

Voice Search SEO Tips and Strategies

Voice search SEO will continue to grow within the foreseeable future.

There’s no doubt about it that voice search SEO is a big part of digital marketing’s future

Voice search SEO will continue to grow within the foreseeable future.

A 2019 study showed that only about 4% of businesses with physical locations in the United States are prepared and fully optimized for voice search, so the odds are that you and your company fall within the massive 96%.

There are specific strategies oriented around voice search SEO that can help you in terms of your overall optimization, and within this article we’re going to dive into exactly how you can get your business the results you want and help you get into that highly coveted 4%.

What’s Voice Search?

Let’s first go over the basics and explain that voice search is fundamentally the voice recognition technology typically found within smartphones that allow us to conduct online searches via speaking into our devices. It’s crucial to implement the following SEO tips and strategies into your digital marketing initiatives because Google voice searches have risen exponentially in recent years, and this trend shows no signs of slowing down!

Voice search trends are going to inevitably affect everyone’s businesses, so how your business adapts to this changing strategy landscape will ultimately determine the results you’ll experience.

Voice Search SEO Tips

Many major influencers throughout the SEO world, including Big Fish Local, consider voice search SEO to be changing the digital marketing industry in very positive ways. There’s no denying that voice searches require somewhat unique SEO strategies that many businesses haven’t considered enough in recent years, and this is because text and voice searches truly are very different.

The following are some ways in which voice search affects SEO strategies:

  • Utilizing conversational language
  • Transforming text searches into longer question queries
  • Increased importance of authoritative, informative content
  • Increased emphasis within featured snippet content


All of these effects are generally based upon the simple fact that people ask their smartphones and home assistant devices questions, as opposed to typing in short keyword phrases. After all, if your site can pop up as the top snippet for a voice-related search query it can do wonders in terms of increasing your click-through-rate (CTR) and make your site the answer for countless voice searchers asking questions.

When it comes to optimizing your site to be more characterized around questions and voice search, you have to consider the following factors:

  • Utilizing conversational, natural language throughout your site
  • Providing concise, thorough answers to questions
  • Targeting long-tail keywords and question phrases
  • Focusing on user intent and action queries
  • Tightening up your local SEO schema
  • Ensuring your Google My Business page is properly filled out
  • Ensuring your site is mobile-friendly, fast and secure


This is why it’s inevitable that you’ll see more and more questioning titles for content throughout the web going into the future. As more businesses focus on long-tail keywords, the more we’ll see commercial websites becoming reliable, useful sources of information based upon their desired SEO strategies. This is partly why we’re so optimistic for the future of voice search SEO, because the more relevant Google deems your site’s content the higher you’ll rank for the search queries that matter most!

Ranking On Voice Search

Creating reliable, useful content throughout your site will always play a major factor when it comes to ranking on Google Home, which is crucial when you consider how smartphones and home assistant devices look for very specific information within Google. When it comes to local service providers, Google results are primarily focused upon the following factors:

  • Relevance: Refers to the overall accuracy within the local listing as it relates to the user’s specific search
  • Prominence: Refers to how often a specific location is searched within, and how well known the area is
  • Distance: Refers to the proximity of the listing to the individual user who searched for the local listing


Are You Voice Search Ready?

There’s no denying that there’s A LOT that goes into optimizing a website for voice search, but here at Big Fish Local we see these types of technological changes as new opportunities for growth and market competitiveness. Our team is here to help you make your SEO strategies more dynamic, and through our data-driven proven process we’ll help ensure your company’s standing as an industry authority online.

No matter how big or small your business is or the local area you serve, we’ll be there with you every step of the way as we exceed strategy goals and outrank your competitors.

Voice search is a big part of the future of SEO and the entirety of the digital marketing industry, and Big Fish Local is proud to be on the cutting edge of this exciting industry trend. Contact us online or call us at 614-945-4544 today to talk to our team of experts and get more information about how voice search SEO can help your business expand within your local pond!

related blogs


CBF Grow Your Business Expo

On Tuesday, 11/14/17, Big Fish Local staff members attended Columbus Business First’s Grow Your Business Expo at COSI…

All Rights Reserved © 2021

Made with by Big Fish Local